Hummus is by far one of the best dips. Any middle-eastern recipe requires hummus and this one has a twist: harissa, a spicy African chili paste. The harissa provides the punch, yogurt provides the tang and tahini gives an amazing texture.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 3 tbs greek yogurt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until a completely smooth and creamy paste.
- Transfer to a plate and drizzle with olive oil and more tahini
- Serve with pita, kofta or falafel and
- Add the liquids near the blade of the blender. This will help is blend easier
- You can also use a food processor
- The more yogurt you add, the looser the texture will be.
- Sprinkling sumac powder over the top adds a nice tang